Peak-to-peak Mountain Views at Silverheels Ranch Home
Experience mountain top views from the comfort of every room at this rustically luxe mountain retreat. The home is surrounded by majestic mountain views: Mosquito Mountain Range (west), Pikes Peak and Tarryall Range (east), Mount Silverheels (north) and Buffalo Peaks and Plains of South Park (south). With over 12 wooded acres, the home offers complete privacy all year long.
- Custom Designed Home, Built by: Sweet Homes of Colorado in Breckenridge (Eric Brownson)
- Acres: 12.5 Acres
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2 Ensuite Baths plus a Powder Room
- Subdivision: Silverheels Ranch
- Highspeed internet fiber optic cable services available
The Exterior reflects the owner’s vision for the use of repurposed and locally sourced materials with as little impact on the environment as possible.
- Stone materials for the home’s retaining walls were excavated on site.
- Locally sourced pine, from Hester’s Lumber in Kremmling were used for the home’s siding as well as a repurposed Wyoming snow fence.
- The exterior consists of a natural wood stain that is low maintenance.
- Heavy gage, corrugated metal provides a high-performance roof for snowloads and the alpine climate.
- The custom crafted Juniper twig railing at the front entry was made by Matt Wagner, a local Fairplay artisan.
- Luxury grade finish carpentry and trim work exist from the outside to the inside of the home.
The Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen includes high-end commercial grade appliances with resilient finishes and alternative cooking methods from electric, propane gas to wood-fired.
- G36L Commercial Grade Vulcan Gas Range and oven (35,000 BTU), 6-Burner (32,000 BTU) with a Thermador 1000 CFM vent hood that vents through roof
- Bosch Electric Wall Oven allows for Convection, Bake, Roast and Broil
- Liebherr French-Door Refrigerator with 2 freezer drawers (capacity CS-2062)
- The built-in wood-fired pizza oven is adorned by Van Briggle tiles. The pizzaoven accessories are included: Peels, Coal Rake, Grilling rake, Hardwood.
- General Electric Dishwasher
- Traditional and Island Prep Sink (2 sinks)
- The Pantry offers ample counter space for small appliances, bar, and coffee station with cabinet lighting and abundant storage.
- The luxury Andre Julien designed cabinets come with quiet close drawers. Upper cabinet glass panels showcase dishes and open cupboards add a farmhouse modern touch. The expansive counter space consists of a blend of wood and polished and honed granite.
- The kitchen island was custom built by Rob Braggins, of Park City Woodworks. The island includes a prep sink, pull-out drawers in base cabinets and spice storage.
- Also Includes: Maple Buffet Table, 3 Counter stools, mobile Stainless Steel Kitchen Table with butcher block top, drawer and cutting board, Stainless Steel Kitchen Table with pot racks and drawer.
The Great Room offers a comfortably luxe gathering space to take in dramatic mountain views and colorful trees, entertain and watch a little moose and elk tv.
- Dramatic mountain views of three 14,000’ mountain peaks: Mt. Bross, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Sherman and multiple 13,000’ peaks.
- Vaulted ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, and custom designed doors and trim throughout
- Windows are Weather Shield insulated with smart, Zo-e5 shield, low-emissivity, glazing and anti-reflective higher sunshields, that minimize heat loss in winter and mitigate heat gain in summer. Also includes: Hunter Douglas Window Shades throughout
- Comfortable seating and dining for ten to twelve guests and kitchen island seating for up to four
- Locally sourced, moss rock wood-burning fireplace and custom stone hearth
- Rob Braggins, of Park City Woodworks, Custom Crafted cabinetry and television case that conceals a mounted television (tv is included in the sale).
- Natural passive cooling in summer months
- Rustic Lantern Chandelier and low energy, LED lighting throughout
- Custom Built-in Settee Nook with bench and bookshelf, comfortable upholstered seating for up to four, under cabinet lighting and storage (the subwoofer speaker behind the mesh is wired to stereo to the right of the television cabinet)
- Also Includes: Cushions, Pillows, Oak square table, Shutter front side table by nook, Subwoofer Speaker
Primary Bedroom Suite (Bedroom #1):
- Private, Wooded Ambiance with Mountain Views in an airy, vaulted space
- Ensuite Bath with Mountain Views includes tile shower with dual controls and rain shower head, soaking 2-person tub, double vanity with ribbed Kohler Sinks, custom Cabinetry made from native wood
- Access to the outdoor fireside patio from the primary suite
- Two separate, custom closets with built-in shelving
- Also Includes: Painting above bed, Wall safe, Sconce Lighting
Bedroom #2 (bedroom near front entry):
- Mountain Views of Mosquito Mountain Range
- Ensuite Bath with Mountain View includes tile shower, large vanity with custom cabinetry made from native woods
- Ensuite bathroom access from the bedroom or hallway
- Also Includes: Bed frame and Mattress, Mounted Television (wireless Roku TV)
Bedroom #3 (bedroom with walkout doors):
- Direct view of Mount Silverheels from the walkout, custom Glass Doors
- Mosquito Mountain Range views from Window
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Built-in murphy bed system allows for seamless interchange from office to guest bedroom
- Also includes: Murphy Bed Mattress and built-in Bed frame and Closet Built-in
Outdoor Features on the Property:
- The blend of evergreens, Spruce and Aspen trees provide year-round privacy and colors across the seasons.
- The home is nestled in a grove of Bristlecone Pine trees, a rare species of trees that is only found in high alpine environments and among the oldest trees on earth.
- In summers, there is a natural undergrowth of native wildflowers that bloom.
- There is abundant wildlife including hummingbirds, moose, elk and more.
- Equestrian trails and riding are fantastic on the property and throughout this community. Up to two horses are allowed on the property (for more horses, refer to HOA guidelines).
- ATV is allowed on the property and street legal ATVs are allowed on Park County roads.
- Hiking, Cross-country Skiing, Snow Shoeing, Mountain Biking, and other recreational activities can be enjoyed from the property and throughout the vicinity.
- Just off the primary bedroom, there is a stamped concrete patio that allows for fire and intimate gatherings.
- There are two sheds for tractors and other secure storage.
- There is a 12’ wide driveway that accommodates turnarounds and large equipment vehicles with ease.
- There are no visible power lines. The propane tank, fiber optic cable and telephone lines are all buried.
- There was significant investment in wildfire mitigation, clearing down trees and stumps, improving walkability, and refining the views.
- Outdoor furniture includes: 2 Chairs, Wood Bench, Horseshoes, Chain saw carving at end of driveway
Telecommunications & Mechanical Systems:
- Wired for Highspeed Fiber Optic Cable Internet Service with Highline-SouthPark (See more information at: HighlineCO@highlinefast.com
- Landline phone service is available through CenturyLink (connection is in the cabinet to the right of the fireplace).
- Radiant Floor heating system integrates efficiently with the Shaw brand, Hickory wood engineered flooring.
- TARM Biomass Wood Gasification Boiler (EPA approved), Radiant Floor Heat systems (glycol injected zones) and 300-gallon glycol tank heats the entire home and hot water tank (60-gallon tank). Wood used for the boiler can be sourced for free from trees on the property.
- Top of the line, efficient Triangle Tube Propane (LP) Furnace for back-up heat source
- Closed cell foam insulation throughout the home and natural passive cooling
- Twenty Solar Panels (4.3-kilowatt, grid-tied solar power with rebates from Xcel Energy), LED lighting throughout; Net Zero Electricity Bill
- 500-Gallon Underground Propane Tank (included in the sale and is not leased)
- Wood burning fireplace
- Radon Mitigation system installed and recently tested, (see test results)
- Quality well pressure, pump and system
- Septic system (will be pumped and recently inspected prior to Closing)
Lower-Level Mud Room, Utility Room & Garage:
- Enter from the great outdoors or from the garage into the Mud Room, which includes utility sink/pet wash, coat and ski/board racks, laundry and woodshed.
- Under the stairs, there is a temperature-controlled Room (Wine Cellar) with shelving and wine rack.
- The 2-car attached basement garage has room for a workbench/gear storage.
- Mud Room / Utility Room includes: Washer, Dryer, Firewood, and General Electric Deep Freezer
Silverheels Ranch Subdivision, a Covenant Controlled Community
- The community is named after Mount Silverheels, which is seen towering over the entrance into the community. Mount Silverheels is a revered mountain, over 13,000+ tall, named for a legendary nurse in the early mining era of Fairplay history. You can experience views of Mount Silverheels from inside and outside this home.
- There are two community stocked fishing ponds solely for Silverheels Ranch owners and their guests (fishing passes are managed by HOA).
- Pike National Forest and wilderness trails are accessible from within the neighborhood.
- Wildlife is common in the area, which includes moose, elk and much more.
- Eligible hunting grids are also nearby.
- Properties in Silverheels Ranch are typically a minimum of 5 acres which provides a natural privacy between homeowners and mountain country scenery throughout the community.
- The community is situated within 2.5 miles of the North-West Fire Station and promotes wildfire mitigation efforts.
- Roads are maintained and accessible year-round by Park County.
- Silverheels Ranch HOA: This is volunteer/owner managed Association organization and dues are $80 per year. For more information check out their website at: silverheelsranch.org.
For more details and information about this property listing, check it out in the RE/MAX Collection here: 742 LUMBER JACK RD, FAIRPLAY, CO 80440 For Sale | MLS# S1040311 | RE/MAX (remax.com)
Are you considering selling or buying mountain real estate? Taryn is a nationally certified Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) by the National Association of Realtors. Taryn is a second-generation Realtor with experience in ski resort real estate and mountain cabins. Contact Taryn Brooke by phone at 970.333.8297 or by email at email@example.com.