Glacier Ridge Estates | Alma, CO
Rustic meets refined in the pristine Glacier Ridge estates, a quiet hillside community within 25 miles of Breckenridge Ski Resort. Glacier Ridge estates hold spectacular mountain views of the Continental Divide and are rich with aspen groves. High country living in Glacier Ridge is hardly an inconvenience with its timeless mountain architectures, private and expansive sites and comfortably luxe interiors. Even the elk are often seen indulging in Glacier Ridge.
Residents enjoy convenient access to the pride of Colorado wilderness and small, historic mountain towns. In Glacier Ridge, you instantly feel the space of mountain country and character. The minimum parcel sizes are at least three acres and many homes are situated on five acres or more. Practical is pretty in the Glacier Ridge with covenants that help maintain its attractive allure.
Hiking, Cross-Country Skiing & Jeep Trails
Within minutes of the Glacier Ridge estates, there is an abundance of hiking, mountain biking and jeep trails. At the helm of the Pike National Forest, this community is a wonderful basecamp for year-round adventure.
- Mosquito Pass: Within minutes of Glacier Ridge is the stunning Mosquito Pass, a particular favorite by experienced Jeeping enthusiasts. www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/mosquito-pass
- Windy Ridge Bristlecone Pines Scenic Area: The USDA protects a strand of over one hundred year-old, wind sculpted bristlecone pines at the Windy Ridge Bristlecone Pines Scenic area. Located on the edges of Alma, the Windy Ridge Bristlecone Pines Scenic area is also a hub for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and mountain biking along dirt roads. Beautiful wildflowers, bird watching and easy-going trails exist for all abilities in this low-traffic forested nook. www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/bristlecone-pines-ohv-trail
- Beaver Creek Trail: Perhaps closest to the Glacier Ridge neighborhood is the Beaver Creek Trail, which lights up with gold aspen leaves in the Fall. Situated near the edges of Fairplay, this leisurely trail loop at a lower elevation suits all ages and abilities. The Beaver Creek Trail is also dog friendly and bird watching is ideal from April through October. www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/buffalo-creek-trail–2
- Pike National Forest & Big Mountain Hikes: www.alltrails.com/us/colorado/alma
- More Trails around Fairplay can be found at: www.uncovercolorado.com/hiking-trails-near-fairplay-co
Breckenridge Ski Resort Nearby
From Glacier Ridge, you will enjoy a fantastic scenic drive of the Continental Divide mountains as you make your way to Breckenridge and the Ski Resort. There is also a bus stop to/from Breckenridge from the nearby towns of Alma and Fairplay. Breckenridge is a wonderful vacation hub for world class skiing, top-rated restaurants, boutiques, spas, snowmobile tours, paved bike pathways all the way to Vail and more.
Glacier Ridge is located near year-round horseback tours and scenic equestrian trails. There are multiple horseback tour operators whether you are in Fairplay or in Breckenridge. The horseback tours range from dinner sleigh rides to summer trail rides. Equestrian riders and barns for horses are prominent in the beautiful backcountry vicinity and in nearby neighborhoods.
Montgomery Reservoir & Waterfalls
The Montgomery Reservoir is a beautiful excursion for simple summer hikes and fishing that feels worlds away, deep in nature, yet accessible in a few minutes time from highway 9. Colorado anglers boast about the great fishing at Montgomery Reservoir, which is permitted from the shoreline. A favorite among hiking enthusiasts are the Montgomery Waterfalls, which are best observed in early to mid Summer, as the snow melts off the surrounding 14,000′ peaks above. The reservoir provides a unique alpine ecosystem with loads of water which attracts diverse birds and wildlife like marmots, deer and moose. While camping is not permitted, there are dispersed and developed camping stations in the nearby White River National Forest.
Each Spring, waters from the Mosquito Mountain Range trickle into the Platte River valley of Alma. The Platte River is an especially delightful place to bring the fishing rod and stroll the natural Colorado headwaters for the lucky, trophy trout. Wonderful birds and wildflowers inspire this relaxing riverside, on the fringes of the historic town of Alma.
Historic Town of Fairplay
From Glacier Ridge, the nearest town for conveniences and groceries is in the historic town of Fairplay. Summers in Fairplay are alive with arts festivals and events like the Burro Days, concerts and the Park County 4-H Fair. In winter, character-rich entertainment continues at the Cowboy Victorian Ball or ice fishing at the local “Fairplay Beach”. Nick-named the “Fly-Fishing Capitol of Colorado,” hunters and anglers flock to Fairplay’s natural treasures. Wineries, distilleries and breweries exist along Fairplay’s Highway 285 and Front Street. Front Street delivers quality restaurants without too much wait and is the hub for summertime street festivals. To follow the Town of Fairplay events and announcements, check out their website: fairplayco.us
Quality Roads & Convenient Access
The rugged high alpine winters can create unanticipated appreciation for quality roads and Glacier Ridge delivers. The community is ideal for regular commutes from Colorado state Highway 9, the gateway to Breckenridge Ski Resort. Each home is also located along well-groomed, wide meandering country roads that are maintained by the Homeowners Association. Most homes are well-equipped with large garages or outbuildings that blend in with the home’s aesthetic and some driveways are paved.
Homes in Glacier Ridge will rely on well and septic systems and typically come with natural gas and electric utility services. Minimal annual homeowner dues exist to assist with snow removal and other community initiatives. The Glacier Ridge Homeowners Association website is: www.glacierridgeassociation.com
Interested in more information about the local area or do you have questions about Summit County real estate? Contact Taryn Brooke at: 970.333.8297 or email@example.com.